Who is Rose Blanc? [OUTDATED as of 8/10/24]

EDIT: This is now outdated because so much has changed about the character, first and most principle example being the fact that she is a woman now. Character changes happen overtime while developing them, and that is pretty cool I think.

Who is that guy?

If ya been around the block (My blog.) then you probably seen the name 'Rose Blanc' thrown around.

Well to get the elephant out of the room, Rose Blanc is an 'OC' or Original Character for those unfamiliar with the shortened term. (That word makes me cringe for some reason but there is no other word to describe him.)

Rose Blanc is a poet, a man of art, and a man of bizarre style. I like to think of him as a wildcard of sorts, an unbiased, unbought, and unpredictable poet and artist that lives for beauty and its many facets. 

Underneath all the romance and show though he is a powerful caster. An illusionist specifically, whose illusions are dangerous as they are beautiful.

He comes from the Kingdom of Larosch (A kind of France stand in.) and his background is steeped in great tragedy. He was once an honest man, trying to do his best for those he cared for. But alas it was not meant to be and so he took up a mantle to disassociate and escape. In other words to find beauty in an otherwise ugly world. 

I wont lie. I love Bleublanc from Trails. And I'll admit Rose himself is derived from Blueblanc... Like... A lot. But I've been going back and forth with myself writing and rewriting things to differentiate and make him my own. 

I'll make another post at some point about our poet... When I've completed him that is...

Besides being a character... He is also a vessel for me to use words pretentiously in pretentious poetry. But I'm sure that was already apparent.

Other than that... I've not really written a full backstory yet. He was always just an archivist through poetry and art for my stories and concepts. Of course only when he would be alive in timeline though... In other times I would use my other characters Clock or Deller. But those guys are another topic for another time. - Z

Comments

Popular Transcriptions

Forever and Always.

THE MIDNIGHT BALL - A LONG POEM

Prinns Chærmengt - Poems by Elwynn Ward