Sleep.

Sleeping is hard... Sometimes :/

Since the pandemic started I've found it harder and harder to get good sleep and to maintain a good sleep schedule.

I cannot for the life of me remember the last time I regularly got 8 hours of pure unadulterated sleep. This is hugely my problem and fault but I decided that there's no harm in complaining about it on my blog haha.

I often find myself awake at ungodly hours such as 4-6am... And I always get something in-between 4-6 hours of sleep, never a full 8. I won't lie, I've bitched and moaned about this many a time in my personal life yet I'm aware that I'm the main and central cause of such strife. 

Honestly it's gotten so bad that even when I need to be up early I find myself awake at the above mentioned ungodly hours... Which in turn nets me around 2-4 hours of sleep most of the time.

My friends and family now know me to be low-energy 90% of the time. They just kind of expect me to be passively existing and desperately trying to stay awake now, and honestly I don't blame them at all.

I also find it easy to fall asleep on my desk or at class. Most often at class though since I find school painfully boring.

Bad habits are hard to break. And I feel the full force of that saying now more than ever as I feel like my energy is chronically sapped and my appetite is constantly soured.

Don't worry about me too much... I don't feel like it's life-threatening just yet. But don't get it twisted, I understand the gravity of becoming an insomniac and lacking sleep. -Z

Comments

Popular Transcriptions

Forever and Always.

THE MIDNIGHT BALL - A LONG POEM

Prinns Chærmengt - Poems by Elwynn Ward